Who We Are and Our History
We are a general Chartered Accountancy practice established in 1996, providing a prompt and personal service to all our clients. All work is supervised by our resident partner Chris Skarparis FCA, who has over 25 years’ experience in audits, taxation and business consultancy. You can be confident that you will get straight through to a Qualified Accountant who can advise and discuss all your business accounting needs.
The firm was formed in 1996 by Chris Skarparis. Chris studied Economics at City University and did his accountancy training at Deloitte Touche one of the top four Accountancy firms in the UK. He then worked for several years in a medium size local Accountancy firm before setting up Chris Skarparis & Co.
Located in a modern office in the heart of Palmers Green, we use fully integrated accounting and taxation software which produces your accounts and tax returns efficiently – so we can offer you competitive prices.
Our Corporate Statement and Ethos
Our aim is help our clients to achieve their goals by providing them with prompt tax advice and business support at reasonable rates.
Chris Skarparis & Co is registered to carry on audit work in the UK by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). The ICAEW requires very high standards of integrity, competence and independence from its members; Chartered Accountants have the reputation of being the leading professional accounting body, trained to provide you with high quality advice on any aspect of your financial affairs.
With a broad range of clients throughout London and Hertfordshire as well as international companies – including the construction industry, the fashion trade, solicitors, surveyors, IT contractors, franchises, restaurants, shops, garages and property companies – you can be sure we have the skills to help you develop your business.
- Chris Skarparis BSc (Hons), FCA
- Chris is a Fellow and a Tax Faculty member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, with over twenty five years experience in accounting, taxation, auditing as well as business consultancy. He specialises in Professional Contractors, Small and Medium size Enterprises. Property Companies, Franchises (Dynorod, Metrorod etc), UK Subsidiaries of overseas Companies etc. He is very enthusiastic, approachable and client orientated.
- Vanessa Skarpari BA (Hons)
- Vanessa is the Company Secretary and Office administrator since the establishment of Chris Skarparis & Co Ltd in 1996. She is responsible for the organisational aspect of the practice and plays a vital role in the key decision making.
- Chitra Pirabakaran FCCA, BSc (Hons)
- Chitra is a Fellow member of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants with more than twenty years’ experience in accounting, taxation and auditing. She has gained in depth technical experience from a number of diverse industries which complements her advisory work. She is committed to provide clients with excellent service and, utilising her methodical approach, particularly enjoys tough challenges in order to develop the business further.
- Ali Chowdhury FCCA, AAT, MSc, BSc (Hons)
- Ali is an ACCA qualified accountant and fellow member of ACCA and AAT. He works as a consultant and has been helping small and medium sized companies and individuals to manage their accountancy and taxation matters over 10 years. His experience ranges from a variety business sectors such as IT consultants, Construction industry, Property Companies, Franchises etc. He has excellent knowledge in Xero online accounting, FreeAgent, Clearbooks, SAGE, QUICK BOOKS, VT+, IRIS, EXCEL, Brightpay, Taxcalc. He can deliver the output on time and ensure the quality work is done.
- Karolina Hranyczka MAAT AATQB
- Karolina is a member of the Association of Accounting Technicians. She prepares financial statements for Small and Medium sized clients on Iris software.
- Abul Hussain BSc (Hons) in Economics, MSc, ACCA
- Abul has an Honours and a Masters degree in Economics. He is a member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountant. He is a Senior Accountant/Assistant Manager and deals with a number of Small and Medium sized clients using Sage and Iris software for Accounts Preparation and Tax Compliance. He is responsible for supervising junior members of staff and for reviewing and filing the quarterly VAT returns for clients.
- Eleona Tsianou
- Eleona holds a Greek University degree and is currently studying with the Association of Accounting Technicians. She deals with clients’ payrolls and VAT returns as well as the preparation of Tax returns on Iris software.
- Entela Hoxhalli
- Entela has completed AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting. She deals with the preparation of VAT returns as well as the production of Tax returns on Iris software. Entela is a graduate of the University of Economics in Albania.
- Adelina Otobashi BA(Hons) in Accounting
- Adelina has a graduate degree in Accountancy. She deals with the preparation of VAT returns as well as the production of Tax returns on Iris software. Adelina studied at London South Bank University.