In the UK, self-employment can take the form of either a sole trader or a partnership.

We can advise on:

  • what records to keep
  • which expenses are tax deductible, including a proportion of domestic expenses if you work from home
  • the most tax efficient timing for starting (or even closing down) your business
  • when your financial year-end should be
  • paying National Insurance Contributions
  • the timing of investment in your business
  • how to ‘write down’ previous investments
  • if, and when, you should register for VAT
  • if, and when, it would be to your advantage to form a private limited company

At the end of your financial year, we can:

  • prepare your annual business accounts
  • use these to complete your self-assessment tax return (covering both your earnings and any other income you may have),
  • file it online, and tell you how much tax to pay and when

We will review your accounts to ensure that you do not pay any more income tax than is necessary and, if it is relevant, we can also advise you on the timing of capital gains to ensure that you take full advantage of your annual exemption and any losses you can carry forward.


Click here   Contact Chris Skarparis & Co in confidence for further information and a no-obligation free initial meeting.

Registered to carry on audit work in the UK and Ireland by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
Details of our registration can be viewed at for the UK under reference number C008526151
and for Ireland under reference EWC008526151.
Chris Skarparis & Co is the trading name of Chris Skarparis & Co Limited, a company registered in England, No. 3269909.

Legal: Clients' Privacy Policy Notice . Website Policy

© 1996 - Currently Chris Skarparis & Co. All rights reserved.
HTML5 Design by i-Publishers
Call Us